Monday 23 March 2015

A funny sort of day !

I was out and about early this morning and enjoyed a  glorious sunrise at Blueberry. The birds were pretty good as well, a female Merlin , 2 Barn Owls, 2 Grey Partridge , pr Stonechat and several Red Kites who were very vocal.
On my way into town I stopped off at the dam at Pitsford Reservoir and watched an Osprey attempting to fish and noted the Green Sandpiper still present . 
I took the dogs for a walk at Harlestone Firs and plenty of activity from the common woodland residents, Marsh Tit's, Great Spotted Woodpeckers and Treecreeper being the most vocal. There were a few Siskin dotted around the wood and the Chiffchaff's have definitely arrived !!! 
This afternoon I walked a stretch of the Brampton Valley Way to check out reports which I had received from concerned folk about the numbers of dead corvids noted in some recently sown fields. Sadly this does appear the case, I've informed the relevant agencies  and now await their response.
Whilst in this area I came across 2 Oystercatcher feeding on a grassy area, a reminder of the arrival of Spring and of the fact that you never know where birds are going to turn up.

Regards Eleanor

No comments: