Thursday 26 February 2015

Garden birding

Hello

Little to report today I'm afraid. Visiting and replenishing the local feed stations in the rain wasn't that much fun this morning, although I managed to avoid most of the really heavy stuff! Still the locals were pleased to see me with Robins singing at me and by my feet at all five locations and a Marsh Tit almost perched on my shoulder he was so impatient to get on to the feeder!

The garden was busy with birds with an impressive eight Lesser Redpolls first thing and six Reed Buntings together in the afternoon. I drew another blank at the gull roost at Pitsford Reservoir this afternoon - this roost now has very few large gulls visiting and even the usual wintering adult Med Gull seems to be absent.

Ah well some more garden birding then with a coffee to sup!

Regards

Neil M

No comments: