It’s been brilliant to hear from so many of you this morning - as you can imagine there’s been quite a buzz!
I promised more details of yesterday’s meeting but I really can’t do better than direct you to Mark Avery’s account which is here: http://markavery.info/2015/
We know this battle has been won because we’ve been able to all pull together, both those of us who live here and the many, many folks who visit Fineshade and value it for what it is. We all deserve a bit of a celebration!
But what’s next? Will Forest Holidays appeal? Will they come back with another application in a different part of the wood? There are two bits of information that make us wonder today...
1) A black executive car accompanied by a Forestry Commission vehicle was deep in the wood this morning.
2) Forest Holidays have appealed against Eric Pickles' decision refusing their development in Delamere Forest in Cheshire. They don’t like losing.
So there may be more battles to fight ahead of us and, while enjoying this moment, we need to think ahead.
Here’s some things we're thinking we might do on both those counts. What do you think of these ideas?
- The next fine weekend we could have a guided walk round the wood. Who knows we may be able to find some souvenirs to take home!
- Have a get together/party of some kind at Top Lodge - for supporters and as many of the local FC folks as would like to come.
- Form a group (Friends of Fineshade Wood?) using this email list as a basis . If the worst happens, we can be a bit better prepared next time.
Do please let us know what you think of these ideas - but once again…..
…… thank you!
Barrie and Trish Galpin