Another couple of "quiet" days. I have seen a Barn Owl at Blueberry but not the Stonechats. The feeding area at Harrington remains frequently disturbed, muddy and smelly and indeed the airfield devoid of birds. I haven't faired much better at Pitsford although I did see a pair of Smew and the 3 White Fronted Geese today.
At Sywell reservoir there were a handful of Siskins and Lesser Redpoll and a good walk around Salcey Forest failed to produce anything different, just the typical woodland birds, Nuthatch, Marsh Tit and Siskin. The highlight of my visit here was a lovely lunch at the Forest Cafe, highly recommended.
Birds in/over the garden include 2 Raven, Marsh Tit, 2 Nuthatch and a Lesser Redpoll.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July