Lacking inspiration on a thoroughly damp Sunday morning I decided to head over to Market Harborough to look for otters.
After 21/2hrs of walking up and down the River Welland in persistent rain I finally admitted defeat and headed for Pitsford. There was some consolation in a smart Grey Wagtail and two sightings of Kingfisher.
I called in at Pitsford for a coffee and a Rocky in the Maytree's hide after topping up the peanut feeder at the feed station. A pleasant 1hr was spent seeing not a great deal. Plenty of common water birds, including a smart drake Goldeneye. For the first time I managed to see 3 Great White Egrets at the same time, one of which was asked to relocate by one of the others.
Chris Payne had a ringing session at Bradden on Friday where he and associates caught a total of 57 birds, mostly Tits and Chaffinches, in approximately 2 hrs. Star bird was a Nuthatch.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October