Some pretty hefty showers out there today but still mild and bright between the periods of rain.
Time spent at Pitsford Res today failed to find much different amongst the high numbers of water-birds. Three Great White Egrets remain (two in the Scaldwell Bay and a single in the Walgrave Bay), the Red-crested Pochard flock increased to thirty (Scaldwell Bay), and there were fifteen Pintail and several Goldeneye. At least five Little Egrets fished the Scaldwell Bay.
The usual adult Yellow-legged Gull lingered in the Scaldwell Bay and other birds there included a Grey Wagtail and a pair of Stonechat still. The gull roost by the dam included an adult Yellow-legged Gull with another Grey Wagtail by the yacht club and two Woodcock were flushed from field hedges between the reservoir and Walgrave village.
A Grey Wagtail and a Chiffchaff were noted at Brixworth Sewer Works.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July