Chris Payne continued with his committed ringing in the south of the county today, this time ringing in his Greens Norton garden. The results illustrate what garden feeding can achieve in terms of the number of birds attracted to appropriate food, and this is at a time when it is still unseasonably mild and there is still plenty of autumn bounty out there. Chris captured 94 birds which were made up of 44 Blue Tits, 11 Great Tits, 5 Coal Tits, 24 Goldfinches, 2 Greenfinches, 4 House Sparrows and singles of Wren, Starling, Chaffinch and Blackbird.
Birds at Pitsford Res today in murky conditions included a Great White Egret, several Little Egrets, a Black Swan and a Green Sandpiper (all in the Scaldwell Bay). A check of the gull roost by the dam provided views of a fine adult Caspian Gull and two Yellow-legged Gulls.
Eleanor noticed two Ravens over Brankley Farm between Haselbech and Naseby.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July