Eleanor was out and about today and ventured up to Harrington Airfield this morning. Large numbers of passerines were present which included Linnets, Yellowhammers and an influx of Blackbirds. Nothing of particular note though.
It was a similar story at Blueberry Farm near Maidwell with large numbers of small birds on or near the ground, causing a Common Buzzard to alter it's hunting technique and successfully catch a bird by quartering the field similar to a harrier. Two pairs of Stonechat remain on-site and two Ravens were noted in the Brampton Valley below Hanging Houghton.
Jacob Spinks was at Pitsford Res today to the south of the causeway and noted the Grey Phalarope still, the Bar-headed Goose and the pair of Ruddy Shelduck.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October