A short period of ringing and birding this morning and then we left Fair Isle for the long journey home to sunny Northants!
Not surprisingly the trap round results were made up of incoming Robins and thrushes plus a Brambling or two. Birding opportunities were minimal but before we made our way to the airstrip, an Olive-backed Pipit showed itself near to the Bird Observatory, finally giving itself up to us and others departing the island at literally the eleventh hour!
The Siberian Rubythroat, which had been present at Levenwick on the Shetland mainland for about a week, seemingly left overnight during clear conditions and disappointed many birders up here who had travelled especially to see it.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 4th March
- Brazil revisited 27th October