A period of bird ringing in the Scaldwell Bay at Pitsford Res today concluded with the capture of 79 birds. Fifty of these were new birds. Warblers included 16 Blackcaps, 4 Chiffchaffs, a Whitethroat, a Reed Warbler and a Sedge Warbler. Other birds of interest were singles of Kingfisher, Spotted Flycatcher and Marsh Tit. Two re-trap Willow Tits were also processed.
Wildfowl within the bay again included 2 Ruddy Shelduck and 9 Red-crested Pochard. The shelduck were again on the bund and the pochard were diving near to the tern rafts.
Yesterday (Friday), there was a Redstart and Hobby at Blueberry Farm, Maidwell and this evening there was a female Peregrine in the Brampton Valley below Hanging Houghton.
Birds of note at Harrington Airfield today included the 2 Ravens still plus singles of Whinchat and Redstart and Tree Pipit.
Finally Chris Payne noted a Siskin on his garden feeders at Greens Norton today...
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October