Apologies for the late posting which refers to birds on Thursday 21st Aug...
A ringing session in the Scaldwell Bay at Pitsford Res in the morning followed on from efforts the previous evening and resulted in the total capture of 90 birds. This total included a female Sparrowhawk, three Kingfishers, 13 Wrens, 10 Bullfinches, 9 Robins, 6 Willow Warblers, 2 Chiffchaffs, 9 Blackcaps, 2 Whitethroats, 2 Garden Warblers, a Reed Warbler and a Spotted Flycatcher. Extra birds caught near the dam during the evening included 5 House Martins, a Sand Martin, a Swallow and a Pied Wagtail.
A Hobby was in the Scaldwell Bay this morning and there was one worrying the martins by the dam in the evening. An adult Yellow-legged Gull was the only larid of interest.
Harrington Airfield in the morning hosted two Ravens and two Turtle Doves and there were again two Ravens around Hanging Houghton village.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October