This morning Eleanor located a Redstart in 'shrike hedge' in the Brampton Valley between Hanging Houghton and Cottesbrooke, and before the deluge from mid-morning!
Garden birds at Hanging Houghton still include the two Nuthatches and a Marsh Tit, coming mostly to a sunflower feeder.
At Pitsford Res this afternoon, I struggled to find anything out of the ordinary on the reserve, a Little Egret, the regular adult Yellow-legged Gull and the Goldeneye being about the best. Two new broods of Tufted Duck now confirm four successful females on the reserve this year.
Scanning at the gull roost from the yacht club produced a Little Egret, two juvenile Mediterranean Gulls and the pair of Ruddy Shelduck (now capable of flight).
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October