This afternoon a Raven was spotted soaring around quite high up between Brixworth and Pitsford Res.
In the Brampton Valley between Cottesbrooke and Hanging Houghton this evening, new migrants included a Tree Pipit, two Redstarts, a Spotted Flycatcher, two Whinchats and good numbers of common warblers, most of these birds being in 'shrike hedge'.
This is a low, inauspicious field hedge which for some reason regularly attracts passage migrants, particularly chats, warblers, pipits and wagtails. One day there will be a shrike there (hence the name)! Oddly enough there was even a vocal Nuthatch 'out of habitat' in the loose bird flock there...
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July