A single mist net erected in the garden for the first few hours this morning yielded over 50 captures, juvenile Blue Tits making up over half of this total. However two juvenile Nuthatches were a treat.
A visit by Eleanor to Harrington Airfield this morning provided views of 2 Turtle Doves, a Redstart, a Wheatear, a Whinchat and 3 Crossbills. A single Wheatear was in the Brampton Valley between Cottesbrooke and Hanging Houghton this afternoon.
At Pitsford Res this morning it was difficult to muster much of interest on the reserve, the best being a Goldeneye, 2 Wigeon and 4 Little Egrets. Two broods of Tufted Duck seem to be the only evidence of breeding on-site this year, and to date there appear not to be any Gadwall broods. However there are large numbers of young Coots and Moorhens and the latter broods of Great Crested Grebes are doing well too.
Birds visible from the yacht club this evening included the pair of Ruddy Shelduck still, 2 Little Egrets, 3 Yellow-legged Gulls, 2 juvenile Mediterranean Gulls and at least 2 Common Sandpipers.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July