A circuit around Harrington Airfield this morning was pleasant with a warmish autumnal breeze and lazy sunshine.
A Meadow Pipit was likely to have been a migrant and no doubt the precursor to the usual large movements in most autumns of this species through the county.
Small numbers of common warblers were busy in the bushes and an elusive Redstart was on the old airstrip in bushes between the second and third bunkers. Up to eight Red Kites patrolled the skies and the two Ravens enjoyed a little skirmish with a couple of them.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July