Tuesday 12 August 2014

Harrington Am

I was beginning to suffer "withdrawal symptoms" as I hadn't visited Harrington for a few days !!!!! but I'm feeling much better after my visit this morning with my collie companions.
As I drove from the chippings compound to the main gate I was aware of birds flitting about in the roadside bushes, mainly Whitethroat and Blackbird, but also a Redstart. A Marsh Harrier, presumably the same long staying individual, and 2 Red Kites were hunting the obvious harvested field on the left hand side of the road. I later saw the Marsh Harrier again near the pond.
A walk along the main track was fairly quiet. The large flock of Linnets, Goldfinches etc were nowhere to be found and the bushes silent.
At the end of the track there is a grassy area where I play with the dogs and there were 2 Turtle Doves and a bright male Redstart in the bushes.
Around the bunkers were more Whitethroats, a Whinchat, Wheatear and another Redstart.


Regards    Eleanor

No comments: