Birding this afternoon at Blueberry Farm, Maidwell produced eight well-scattered Whinchats but nothing else of note. There were two Grey Wagtails at Brixworth Sewer Works and 16 Yellow Wagtails and a Swift flew south there.
A visit to a very low water Hollowell Reservoir this afternoon provided views of a Spotted Redshank before it seemingly flew off at 5.20pm. Four Dunlin were the only other waders noted despite plenty of mud. Other birds included an adult Yellow-legged Gull, a Raven, two Barnacle Geese and two Yellow Wagtails.
Birds viewable from the dam at Pitsford Reservoir this afternoon and evening included the two Ruddy Shelduck, two Black Terns, a Ruff, two Swifts and twenty Yellow Wagtails.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October