Despite plenty of effort today it seemed like hard work out there today to find much out of the ordinary. An early morning recce of the Brampton Valley and Pitsford Res failed to locate anything noteworthy.
This afternoon Eleanor again saw a female Peregrine at Blueberry Farm, Maidwell but the best I could find was a single Grey Wagtail at Brixworth Sewer Works.
This evening a visit to the yacht club at Pitsford Res paid off with a sustained view of a fishing Osprey which successfully caught and took off a wriggling trout. A juvenile Common Scoter in the Pintail Bay was unexpected. The relatively small gull roost contained five Yellow-legged Gulls (one juvenile) and three juvenile Mediterranean Gulls (two moulting in to first winter plumage).
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July