- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October
Monday, 28 July 2014
Birds of the harvest
Efforts at ringing on the Harrington Airfield plateau this morning provided 38 captures which included 15 Whitethroats, a Lesser Whitethroat, 4 Willow Warblers and 4 Yellowhammers. Other birds noted included 2 Redstarts, a Grasshopper Warbler and a Hobby. My apologies if the planned ringing session prevented you from visiting the site today.
At Pitsford Reservoir this afternoon, birds in the Scaldwell Bay included 6 Little Egrets, a Kingfisher, an adult male Ruff and a Green Sandpiper.
Also this afternoon, there was a single Whinchat in a wheat field adjacent to the gated road between Cottesbrooke and Brixworth, and 2 Ravens were in the Brampton Valley below Hanging Houghton.