Saturday 7 June 2014

Soggy Saturday !

Although I've spent plenty of time outdoors today I haven't much to show for my efforts....apart from a big pile of soggy clothes and wet dogs !!!!  We had a good early walk around Blueberry Farm area, but only saw the usual Common Buzzards, Red Kites, Meadow Pipits etc. 

I decided to go for a run and take Tor with me. All was going well until a pesky squirrel jumped onto the track in front of us and Tor nearly pulled me through the hedge in his quest to chase it!  Some time later we both squelched our way back home, managing (as usual) to be out when the rain was at it's heaviest!

As it was a nice evening I went back to Blueberry area and again plenty of Common Buzzards, but also a hunting Barn Owl and a pair of Grey Partridge.

We all jumped with fright when the calm quiet evening was broken by the close barking of a Muntjac deer which was literally just the other side of the hedge.  Our young foster dog squealed with fright and sat quaking behind "old" Bazra for protection.

Regards  

Eleanor

No comments: