Limited birding opportunities today in bright warm sunshine but still with a cool breeze. A singing Whitethroat was noted between Pitsford Res and the village of Old and a singing Lesser Whitethroat was in roadside hedging between the villages of Old and Scaldwell.
A brief visit to Pitsford Res this evening confirmed the continuing presence of the Green Sandpiper below the dam on floodwater, and a Raven was in the Brampton Valley below Hanging Houghton.
A few Swallows and House Martins were noted visiting old nest sites in local villages today, the fore-runners no doubt of many more to come.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July