Monday 21 April 2014

Harrington Ouzels

I decided that I would start the day with an early morning walk at Harrington Airfield.  First job was to feed the birds, even though it would appear that the Bramblings have moved off there are still plenty of birds enjoying the seed.  There were good numbers of Yellowhammer, Reed Bunting and Chaffinch. A single Tree Sparrow and 2 Lesser Redpoll made a brief appearance.
There were 2 Grey Partridge, 4 Wheatears and a Cuckoo on the rough area.

As I loitered around the second bunker I could hear at least 2 Ring Ouzel "chacking" away and one of these birds, a super male, perched on top of a bush and started to sing and he was really showing off. It is certainly the best view which I've had of these birds.  Another male, not so well marked broke cover and perched out in the open on the concrete bunker and I could still hear another bird calling, so pretty sure 3 birds remain.

Regards Eleanor

No comments: