Saturday 19 April 2014

Harrington am

This morning at Harrington Airfield there was a Ring Ouzel favouring the area between the first and second bunkers.  Sometimes the bird was on full show, but more often than not was seen in flight before disappearing into the bushes. With a bit of patience I'm sure you will see this bird and who knows what might drop in as you wait ?.  There were several Wheatear around the bunkers.
I fed the birds by the entrance and when I returned to the car I could hear the familiar harsh "chack" of a Ring Ouzel and there was a stunning male sitting on top of a roadside bush !! As it dropped out of the bush I was aware that another similar size bird was also lower down in the bush, but I didn't see this clearly enough , but probably another one.


Regards Eleanor

No comments: