Tuesday 15 April 2014

Blueberry and Harrington PM

Mid afternoon found me walking around Blueberry area with my 4 legged companions. As expected on such a bright and breezy day there were plenty of Red Kites and Common Buzzard, including the rather stunning 'white' Buzzard on the wing.  As I walked along a hedgerow I heard a Redstart calling and to my surprise I located 2 stunning males following the hedge. 

At Blueberry Farm itself there was a male Ring Ouzel in one of the horse paddocks.  The fields in the valley have recently been set with beans, so we will be watching them closely. Meanwhile these fields are attractive to the Wheatears and there were at least 4 present.

Plenty of butterflies today, notably some pristine Orange Tips.

I decided to spend the final hours of daylight at Harrington Airfield, where the only birds of note were 2 Wheatear and a Brambling. I just missed a male Ring Ouzel which was being watched as I walked along to the bunkers, but despite searching it was not re located.

Regards Eleanor

No comments: