As forecast it was sunshine from dawn to dusk today and must rank as one of the warmest days in March that I can remember.
John Woollett and his team of ringers were in action at Stortons Gravel Pits this morning and their planning and preparation paid off with the capture, ringing and release of good numbers of birds which included singles of Snipe and Jack Snipe. These species are particularly difficult to catch and monitor (as well as see).
At Pitsford Res this afternoon, the Great Northern Diver was in the mouth of the Pintail Bay and the gull roost again attracted two adult Mediterranean Gulls.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July