Busy, busy, busy day . Sadly not much time for birding, however I did manage a run at Pitsford Reservoir early this morning. The Great Northern Diver was very close to the bank in the Pintail Bay and the Red-necked Grebe close into the dam. I am not one of those folk who keep various "bird lists", but I may start one for " birds seen whilst running" as this could be quite an interesting one.
I fed the birds at Harrington Airfield and waited in the car for a few minutes and easily saw 8+ Bramblings, again some stunning males.
I was expecting great things this afternoon as I went walking the dogs in the valley below us just after the rain stopped, but it was quiet, with only 10+ Golden Plover seen.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October