In interesting weather conditions today, joint birding and wild bird feeding station maintenance was accompanied with sunshine, rain (plenty of it), hail, sleet and violent gales! Despite these conditions, no storm-driven birds could be located at Pitsford Res.
A walk around Sywell Country Park with the precipitation coming violently horizontal was interesting, the only birds of note being a pair of Smew (about noon). Still the dogs enjoyed the outing and they virtually had the whole place to themselves!
A few Siskin were noted at Hanging Houghton and Kelmarsh Hall and a Grey Wagtail was accompanied by a few Meadow Pipits in water-logged fields near Brixworth Sewer Works.
This morning there was a pair of Raven in the Brampton Valley below Hanging Houghton and a Grey Wagtail was at Draughton Pond, which continues to host good numbers of wildfowl particularly Wigeon and Teal.
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 4th March
- Brazil revisited 27th October