This morning the Nordic-type Jackdaw was noticed again at Hanging Houghton, there were a couple of Siskins at Scotland Wood and at least four Bramblings were on the seed at Harrington Airfield.
Then it was time to drive over to Ditchford Gravel Pits and complete the monthly Wetlands Birds Count.
A strong cool wind created an edge to what would have been a bright and pleasant day, some of the gusts making birding west of Ditchford Lane quite difficult. Birds of note in this section of the complex included the drake Scaup still, a pair of Smew, an adult female Peregrine and an Oystercatcher. The older pits were quieter but did attract three Goosanders and a Water Rail.
The planned bird ringing demonstration for Stanwick GP this Sunday (23rd) has been cancelled due to the weather forecast indicating strong winds and powerful gusts.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October