Some advance notice that on Sunday 23rd February there is a planned wild bird ringing demonstration at Stanwick Lakes, which is part of the Stanwick Gravel Pits complex off the A45 between Higham Ferrers and Thrapston. This event is weather-dependent and with luck the constant strong winds and rain will have subsided by then!
The event is a team effort between the rangers on-site and members of the Northants Ringing Group, and on the day we will be led by Ian Wrisdale who is also the leader of the very active Mid-Nene RSPB group.
It is anticipated that most of the birds will be common birds of the Northants countryside, with a blend of species more akin to aquatic habitats. More details will follow as we progress nearer the day and everyone is invited to attend and to witness exactly what bird ringing is about, what it hopes to achieve and also observe our feathered friends up close and personal.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 4th March
- Brazil revisited 27th October