Some feed station maintenance was required today on the Kelmarsh Estate and in very boggy conditions we took the opportunity to wander the woodlands at Kelmarsh Hall, Sunderland Wood and Scotland Wood. Despite the mild conditions the birds are conditioned to consume the food stuffs within three or four days! Despite the wet conditions today's winter sunshine infiltrated the woodlands and the cool and fesh air meant it was a pleasure to be out and about.
Nothing out of the ordinary was seen in Sunderland Wood, Kelmarsh Hall sported a couple of Siskins and Scotland Wood hosted 4 Woodcock and half a dozen Siskins.
Eleven Bramblings were watched feeding with Yellowhammers and others on the concrete track entrance at Harrington Airfield this morning.
This afternoon we wandered around a squelchy Blueberry Farm which provided views of 1-2 Barn Owl(s) and a couple of Ravens.
N & E
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October