A rather wet day made birding difficult and I seemed to have spent my time drying out my optics and wet dogs !! .
My only birds and wildlife of note were at Harrington Airfield late this afternoon. As soon as I put the food out at least 6 Bramblings mysteriously appeared out of thin air !! . Two Redpoll sp and a huge flock of Fieldfare flew over.
Our latest canine addition Tor has a lot to learn and is already proving to be a challenge !! He seems to be a tiny percentage collie with the remainder of his make up a hound ? beagle ? foxhound. So he goes into sensory overload when he is out and the selective deafness takes over.
This afternoon he was clearly excited over a scent he could smell and disappeared into the bushes. Imagine my surprise when 3 superb Roe Deer walked out from behind the bushes......but where was Tor ? , he was more interested in a Pheasant which flew up and away leaving a very bemused dog looking skywards.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October