Due to both dogs unable to walk any distance, mundane errands and a trip to the vet, my birding was somewhat limited.
At Pitsford Reservoir where I had to wrestle with my scope to keep it steady the Great Northern Diver was viewed distantly from the dam and a Green Sandpiper remains on the flooded field below the dam.
A somewhat blustery walk across the causeway produced a pair of Smew sheltering against the bank.
From the feeding station 2 Great White Egret, 6 Red Crested Pochard, 2 Goosander and a further 2 Smew were noted.
As I stood looking around I could hear the next birds long before I could see them........2 noisy Ring Necked Parakeets going over with the strong wind helping them along !!
The Hume's Leaf Warbler was looked for today but not seen or heard, but the Long Tailed Tit's who have been absent were back on site, so we haven't given up and will continue to regularly monitor this site.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July