A return to Market Harborough was the order of the day, and our attendance during the late morning coincided with two Otters being located straight-away near to the Sainsbury's supermarket. They were active for some minutes but then disappeared up on to the opposite bank and seemingly went off for a kip!
Some feeding station top-ups took up most of the day and we struggled to see any birds of note. A couple of Woodcock flushed at Scotland Wood (Kelmarsh Estate) were fairly predictable.
The gull roost at Pitsford Res was monitored this evening, but no gulls of note were seen. The Great Northern Diver was viewable distantly off The Pines between Moulton Grange Bay and The Holly Tree.
A Barn Owl was still present at Blueberry Farm, Maidwell yesterday afternoon.
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October