The weather today felt very spring-like, rather than the middle of winter. Blue skies, sunshine, insects buzzing about and splashes of colour thanks to Dandelions, Red Nettle, Groundsel, Aconites and Snowdrops.
We even sat out in the garden to eat our lunch listening to the evocative calls of Red Kite and Common Buzzard and then to the lower base notes of a couple of cronking Ravens.
Prior to this Neil had seen 3 Grey Wagtails and a Water Rail at Brixworth Sewer Works, whilst I had been far more energetic and had ran around the big side of Pitsford Reservoir, where the Great Northern Diver and at least one Great White Egret were seen.
This afternoon a walk around the Blueberry Area produced a female Peregrine Falcon, 2 Red Kites, 2 or 3 Woodcock, a Barn Owl, pair of Stonechat and the rather stunning "white" Buzzard.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July