Yesterday (Thursday) and a blustery walk at Harrington Airfield was enough to see two Woodcock and about ten Bramblings.
Today (Friday) and two visits to Blueberry Farm, Maidwell provided observations of a female Peregrine, a Barn Owl, two Red Kites, 2+ Ravens, two Woodcock and a pair of Stonechat. Hundreds of Fieldfares remain on-site.
A Yellow-browed Warbler was heard calling at a private site today - efforts will be made to try and locate the bird tomorrow and if it is still present small numbers of birders may be able to visit the site by way of restricted and escorted access.
Pitsford Res continued to hold birds of interest today, two drake Smew, a Goosander and a Great White Egret were visible from the dam and birds on show from the Old Scaldwell Road feeding station included two Great White Egrets, eight Red-crested Pochard, four 'redhead' Smew, a Black-tailed Godwit and two Redshank.
A ringing session at Kelmarsh Hall today provided 95 captures which included plenty of tits, a Nuthatch, three Bullfinches, thirteen Goldfinches, a Treecreeper and nine Blackbirds. A Woodcock was seen on our initial arrival.
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 11th May