Birding has been somewhat limited today due to getting ready for the "invasion" of the family tomorrow !!!!
I took Bazra and we went off for a couple of hours around Blueberry. The fields were very water logged and the brook had flooded part of the valley below Hanging Houghton.
The usual birds put in an appearance. The pair of Stonechat remain in the southern most field of the Blueberry complex. A Barn Owl was sitting in the hedge enjoying the winter sunshine, whilst 2 Red Kites, 2 Ravens and numerous Common Buzzard were hanging in the wind and clearly having fun.
Neil popped into the feeding station at Pitsford and saw a Great White Egret and 3 Black Swans.
We would just like to wish everyone a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS and lots of good birding in 2014.
Regards Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 4th March
- Brazil revisited 27th October