A day of chores today meant that we were both out of action for much of the time.
I noticed a Grey Wagtail at Pitsford Quarry this morning and later there was a Red Kite circling over Hanging Houghton village.
Whilst at Pitsford Res restocking and organising the feed station at the Old Scaldwell Road, I noted the long-staying Black-tailed Godwit, the Bar-headed Goose and at least 6 Red-crested Pochard in the Scaldwell Bay.
A short birding session at Ravensthorpe Res this afternoon in plummeting temperatures failed to find much of note, the highlights being a Grey Wagtail, a Kingfisher and a Water Rail.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October