This morning a number of the Northants Ringing Group set up a ringing demonstration on the new Wildlife Trust reserve called Irthlingborough Lakes (part of the Ditchford GP complex). Over seventy birds were captured, none of which were particularly unusual but a good range of species provided an opportunity for people to see wild birds close-up which is always a privilege.
Whilst we were there a 1st year Glaucous Gull flew west over the pits at 10.10am, no doubt on its way to Sidegate Lane Landfill. A Grey Wagtail, a Kingfisher, a redpoll sp and a couple each of calling Water Rail and Cetti's Warbler were the only other birds out of the ordinary.
This afternoon the Hume's Leaf Warbler from the last few days was again showing on and off and calling well.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July