Well this morning was back to reality with visits to the majority of the wild bird feeding stations to top up feeders and add extra food. Despite the relatively mild conditions the food has been disappearing fast! A Woodcock flushed up at Scotland Wood (Kelmarsh Estate) and a vocal Raven flew through the wood. A juvenile female Peregrine was chasing Woodpigeons in the fields between Scotland Wood and Maidwell village. I left her perched in an ash tree waiting for her prey to return after she had frightened them all away!
At least one Grey Wagtail was at Brixworth Sewer Works and Eleanor counted about ten Bramblings on the seed at Harrington Airfield this morning.
The Hume's Leaf Warbler was heard calling at the undisclosed private site, this being it's eighth day in residence.
A mid-week ringing session by Dave Francis at Pitsford Res provided 70 birds, the majority of which were new birds. These new individuals included a sudden influx of 23 Greenfinches plus 5 Goldfinches, 5 Tree Sparrows, 5 Yellowhammers, 2 Redwings and 2 Moorhens.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October