The Hume's Leaf Warbler was heard calling at the private site in the county this morning.
Several Bramblings were waiting for me in the bushes at Harrington Airfield and no doubt came down on to the seed after I left!
Today was the WeBs count at Ditchford GP and it was a bit of a slog in the heavy mud after last night's rain. Up to two thousand big gulls were circulating west of Ditchford Lane, some in fields and others bathing in the flooded gravel pits. There was a constant to and fro from nearby Sidegate Landfill and it was tempting to spend all day watching them continually moving around. However there was a count to be done and I had to tear myself away without finding a big white-winger!
The only birds of note seen included 2 Egyptian Geese, a drake Scaup, 2 'redhead' Smew, a drake Red-crested Pochard, a first year Caspian Gull, a Woodcock, a Green Sandpiper, 3 Kingfishers, 5 Cetti's Warblers, 2 Chiffchaffs, a Water Pipit and 10 Siskins.
We just had time to nip down the road and locate the 3 Long-tailed Ducks on Mary's Lake at Earls Barton GP. They were showing well until at least 3.25pm.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October