A stunning day's weather out there today although the roads were a little precarious first thing with black ice!
A Lesser Redpoll was calling at Kelmarsh Hall this morning and the fallen apples in the orchard there were being consumed by at least 50 Fieldfare as they slowly change their winter diet with the berries beginning to run out. The territorial Mistle Thrush couldn't keep them at bay but was making a lot of noise trying his best!
The traditional broadcasting of seed at Harrington Airfield by the concrete track entrance attracted about 8 Bramblings plus plenty of Chaffinches, Yellowhammers etc.
Enjoy your festivities!
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October