The regular autumn theme of strong wind and showers continued today, with the sun coming through later in the day and the temperature dropping to the point where gloves were required for the first time this autumn!
Morning birds included a Short-eared Owl and 2 Stonechats at Blueberry Farm, Maidwell and a couple each of Siskin and redpoll sp in Scaldwell village.
Birds in Hanging Houghton village today included a Brambling and a Grey Wagtail.
A scan at Ravensthorpe Reservoir this afternoon provided views of the expected Grey Wagtail and Green Sandpiper but nothing out of the ordinary, unless you include the stunning black and pebbled emulsion-white plumage Coot that is currently in residence!
Harrington Airfield this afternoon again attracted a male Merlin, a Red Kite and two Bramblings.
The gull roost at Pitsford Res was sufficient to attract a third year Yellow-legged Gull and an adult Mediterranean Gull, with a Grey Wagtail at the water-line.
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July