Wednesday 20 November 2013

Wet, Windy Wednesday

A quick walk at Harrington this morning produced 4 Bramblings, again sitting very quietly in the bushes near the shooting wall. A flock of about 100 Golden Plover were very restless and vocal.  Heavy rain soon put a stop to my birding.

As soon as it stopped I went for a run. This means that I have to rely on my ears and I heard the familiar "cronk, cronk" of the Ravens as two went overhead near Lamport.  The Red Kites were equally as vocal, and there were 3 together near Draughton.
Late afternoon found me and Baz walking around Blueberry, again dodging the showers. The female Merlin was again present at dusk, as well as a Barn Owl and pair of Stonechat.

Neil visited Ravensthorpe Reservoir and noted a leucistic female Red-crested Pochard, a Kingfisher and a Water Rail. At Pitsford Res there were 2 Great White Egrets, one either side of the causeway.

A Woodcock was flushed at Sunderland Wood on the Kelmarsh Estate.

Regards

Eleanor + Neil

1 comment:

Jacob's Wildlife said...

Great Neil, ringing at the weekend?