A ringing session at the Old Scaldwell Road feeding station at Pitsford Reservoir this morning resulted in 45 captures, the majority of which were new birds. New birds included a Lesser Redpoll, a Bullfinch, 3 Goldfinches, 7 Greenfinches, a Reed Bunting, 5 Tree Sparrows and 6 Goldcrests.
Other birds noted north of the causeway included 2 Great White Egrets, half a dozen Little Egrets, a Green Sandpiper, 7 Pintail and 7 Red-crested Pochard.
Birds noted at Harrington Airfield this morning included a male Merlin again, c200 Golden Plovers, 6 Bramblings, 4 Siskins and 8 fly-over redpoll sp. A Raven and 2 Siskins were in residence at Scotland Wood (Kelmarsh Estate) this afternoon.
Neil & Eleanor
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October