Spending time at Pitsford Res today indicated that there were at least three Great White Egrets present but possibly four birds. Two spent a long period south of the causeway with singles in the Scaldwell and Walgrave Bays at much the same time, however logistics ensured that it wasn't possible to see all the birds at the same time! About ten Little Egrets also remain.
Other birds include one or two adult Yellow-legged Gull(s), 2 Redshank, 2 Dunlin and at least 2 Grey Wagtails. Three Redwings and three Meadow Pipits were caught and ringed at the reservoir today. A Chiffchaff and a redpoll sp were present in the adjacent Brixworth Country Park.
Birds at Blueberry Farm, Maidwell this afternoon included a female Merlin, 2 Barn Owls, 2 Red Kites and the pair of Stonechat.
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July