This morning I took a wander in to the Scaldwell Bay at Pitsford Res. The bird highlights were 1-2 Great White Egret(s), 13 Red-crested Pochard (still including the leucistic drake), 13 Pintail, a drake Goosander, 3 Black Swans, several Little Egrets, a Dunlin, 2 Redshank and a few Golden Plover. At least one Marsh Tit is regularly at the Old Scaldwell Road feeding station these days and today a Willow Tit was by the James Fisher Hide.
Eleanor flushed a Woodcock along the Brampton Valley Way, again by the Spratton crossing, and 2 Bramblings were also along the Way below Brixworth.
Good numbers of common birds were at the concrete track entrance of Harrington Airfield this morning, many of them bathing in the puddles there. Birds coming down for the seed at the same place included 8 Bramblings.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October