Today Eleanor spent some time locally, starting with a run along Merry Tom Lane, along the Brampton Valley Way and around Cottesbrooke to Hanging Houghton. Birds en-route included about 6 Bramblings near to Brixworth, a Woodcock along the BVW towards the Spratton Crossing, 2-3 Crossbills between Cottesbrooke and Hanging Houghton (Gamboro' Plantation) and 2 Ravens below HH.
A visit to Brixworth Country Park provided views of 16 Lesser Redpolls by the hide, at least 2 Bramblings and another Woodcock. A walk at Harrington Airfield confirmed the continuing presence of 4+ Bramblings by the shooting wall.
In the meantime Dave Francis was completing a ringing session at the Old Scaldwell Road feeding station at Pitsford Reservoir, the overall session providing 80 birds, with just over half of the birds being new. Ringing has helped us to confirm that this year at least 166 new Tree Sparrows have made use of the foodstuffs which is provided year-round.
New birds included a Moorhen, 3 Redwings, 6 Blackbirds, 4 Yellowhammers, 6 Tree Sparrows and 10 Greenfinches.
Egrets noted south of the causeway this afternoon included four Little and two Great Whites.
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 2nd July
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 29th April
- Brazil revisited 27th October
- Images from John Tilly 12th July