This morning a scan at Ravensthorpe Reservoir provided views of the still present leucistic female Red-crested Pochard and a Raven proclaiming its territory.
A visit to Harrington Airfield this morning confirmed the presence of hundreds of Fieldfares stripping the berries off the hawthorns. Also present were two Red Kites, 4 Bramblings and a Chiffchaff. Fly-overs included 2+ redpoll sp and a Grey Wagtail.
A single Grey Wagtail was present in Hanging Houghton village. Single Woodcock were present at Kelmarsh Hall and Scotland Wood.
Birds noted at Blueberry Farm, Maidwell this afternoon included a Barn Owl, 2 Woodcock, 2 Grey Partridges, a pair of Stonechat, 2-3 Red Kites and over-flying finches included 5 Bramblings and 2+ redpoll sp.
Scanning from the yacht club at Pitsford Res this afternoon provided views of two fishing Great White Egrets, four Little Egrets and 2 Yellow-legged Gulls.
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 4th Jan 2016
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 8th August
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October