A ringing session at the Old Scaldwell Road feeding station at Pitsford Reservoir provided 57 captures, the majority of which were new birds. Birds included 10 Tree Sparrows, 7 Goldfinches, 5 Chaffinches, 2 Redwings and a Meadow Pipit.
Other birds seen in the Scaldwell Bay included 12 Red-crested Pochard, c10 Pintail and 2 Green Sandpipers, a couple of Little Egrets and a Grey Wagtail
Also this morning there was a Grey Wagtail at Hanging Houghton, a Red Kite in the Brampton Valley below the village and 2 Ravens near Cottesbrooke.
A wander around Harrington Airfield produced a heavy passage of Starlings, 2 Little Egrets on standing water on the top fields, c50 Golden Plovers, 2 Red Kites and 10+ Bramblings (shooting wall area). However the best bird was a first year Ring Ouzel around the third bunker.
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 20th Dec
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 3rd August
- Brazil revisited 27th October