Today was a day of very heavy diurnal migration with thousands of Starlings passing south through the county and regular very large flocks of Woodpigeons and Fieldfares flapping the same way. A large skein of about a hundred Pink-footed Geese flew over Blueberry Farm this morning, disappearing off towards Haselbech at about 9.45am. A couple of Red Kites and the pair of Stonechat were still present and two Ravens were about.
Harrington Airfield today hosted c100 Golden Plovers, a female Peregrine, c8 Bramblings and 2 Red Kites.
Birds in the Walgrave Bay at Pitsford Res this afternoon included 4 Red-crested Pochard, 2 Goldeneye, a Grey Wagtail and a Barn Owl.
Eleanor and Neil
- Trip Reports Dec 2015
- Ringing - 27th Oct
- Birdwatching Site Maps 4th November
- Brazil 2012
- Images from Bob Bullock 14th June
- Robin's Wildlife Antics 31st May
- John Boland and his birds... 13th Feb
- Portugal 2013
- Presentations November 2016
- Ethiopia Nov 2013
- Useful Links 17th Oct
- Dave Jackson Images 4th March
- Clive Bowley Wildlife Images 10th June
- Robin's Wildlife Images 4th March
- Brazil revisited 27th October